Monday, February 9, 2009

Today I woke up and again scrolled through my phone's address book.  In the midst of the scrolling,  my friend Silvana BBM'ed me asking if I wanted to go downtown to the fabric store. YES! I exclaimed!  I didn't really "exclaim" but I've always wanted to...Anyways,  the plan: After her trip to the dentist, bank and picking up another one of our pals, Natalie, we met at Silvana's apartment.  Natalie was putting together a dining table chair as Silvana watched.  I then joined as a spectator to observe Natalie attempt this tremendous feat.  Low and behold! She did it! Should we move on to the next chair?  Nah... We then made moves to downtown, and here are our mobile-uploads:


Entering the concrete jungle of Los Angeles.

Natalie was craving Chinese food, so we decided on "Wokano's"  but ended up at "Full House" on Hill in Chinatown.  Check out the fella's below.

These prawns were in their death tank.  :( My phone's camera didn't do them justice, they are actually beautiful looking sea creatures. I mean...jus' sayin'.

After I watch Silvana and Natalie eat lunch (I had a filling breakfast, so again I was a spectator) we head to  "Blossom" on Main St. known for their amazing pho, for coffee and tea.


Silvana drinking their ginger hot tea. It kinda burns the back of your throat so beware, but yum!


Natalie had the thai iced tea, and I the hot coffee with condensed milk.

So now back to the original plan, the fabric store.  As we drive south on Los Angeles Bvd. towards the garment district, we notice Silvana had opened up shop, a luggage shop to be exact. Interesting.


The sign for the store wasn't ready,  so this will have to do for the time being.


Yes, the fabric store!  It was so huge, I was overwhelmed, as with other huge things.

After money spent for things I didn't need, we took Natalie home, and schlepped back to good ol' Hollywood.  Time flew by super uber fast.  Did I say uber?  Yes I did.  I ended the day watching the "Godfather." I'll probably end the evening with "Gossip Girl."  Yea you read it correctly, "Gossip Girl" the first season. XOXO!

0 comments: